You know you need to hire help, but you’re not sure where to begin, what you need them to do or even how to figure it out. No problem! Contact me for a FREE initial consultation, and we’ll create a plan of action that will best fit your needs!
Rate: $30 per hour for most services, (excluding proofreading, formatting, and series bibles).
Sidekick Craft Support
- Proofreading: $0.0035 per word
I accept manuscripts for novels, novellas, short stories, memoirs, and non-fiction books.
*The manuscript must be edited before you submit it to me for proofreading.*
If you have not had, at the very least, a copy editor work with you on your manuscript, it is not ready for a proofread. For more information about the different types of editors and what they do, click here.
Approximate Turnaround time:
Up to 20,000 words: 3 days
Up to 40,000 words: 5 days
Up to 60,000 words: 6 days
Up to 100,000 words: 8 days
Up to 150,000 words: 14 days
**Turnaround time for Proofreading does not include weekend days, only business days. **Rush Orders, for projects needing turnaround times faster than those listed above, will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Additional charges will be added.
Sidekick Organizational and Admin Support
- Formatting: Starting at $35 for basic ebook formatting, and $75 for print
Need your manuscript formatted? I can help! I can provide .mobi, .epub, Word, and PDF files ready to upload to any of the major ebook distributor sites. I also offer interior formatting for CreateSpace and Ingram Spark paperbacks, and Word document formatting to make your manuscript is ready to send to publishers and agents. Distributor specific ebook files available too!
(*Prices listed above are for ebooks or print books with minimal to no images, not including header or scene separator graphics. For non-fiction books containing tables, graphs, or other images, please contact me to discuss your book formatting needs and to receive a quote.)
- Assist with answering emails: Is your inbox overflowing with unanswered mail? I can help you organize your inbox, reply to fan mail, and answer reader questions, saving you time to get back to writing!
- Website Maintenance: I can help you keep your website up-to-date by adding new release information, buy links to your books, keeping your plugins updated and more!
(WordPress websites only, please.)
- ARC team management and review tracking: I can assist with creating an ARC team and help manage it for you. In addition, I can also help with sending digital review copies to the ARC members (or links if you use InstaFreebie or BookFunnel) and track reviews to keep up with which members are following through with reviews, and which ones aren’t.
- Create Excel Spreadsheets: So many details, so little time to keep up with them! I can create spreadsheets to help you track all those sales, promotions, downloads, or anything else you need to keep track of, and I’ll help you keep it updated, too!
- Sales Tracking and Minor Miscellaneous Accounting: Tracking sales for your books can be tedious and time-consuming. Not to mention keeping up with expenses for that end-of-year visit with your tax person. Let me handle keeping up with your sales numbers and even help you with some light bookkeeping.
- Create and Maintain Calendar: Need help keeping track of deadlines, events, when to post on your blog, send out newsletters, book signings, guest posts, promotions and all the little other things that need to be done? I can create and update a calendar for you with tasks and reminders to help keep you organized and on top of your to-do list.
- Newsletter/Mailing List set up and maintenance: Mailing lists are SO important, but sometimes figuring out how to get them to do what you want can be confusing and time-consuming. I can save you time by creating an account, setting up lists, setting up automation workflows, and creating templates for your newsletters. I can also organize and format the newsletters and schedule them for you. You provide the content, and I can take care of the rest!
- Meme and small promo graphic creation: I can work with you to create memes and small promo graphics for your books that you can use for social media, blogs and newsletters.
- Amazon Author Pages – If you’re selling books on Amazon, you need an Amazon Author Page so all your fans can find you, follow you, and see what else you’ve written. I can help create and maintain your page by adding books, updating bio, adding links, videos, etc.
- Uploading books to distributor sites – It takes a lot of your time to upload a book to distributors. Let me do it for you! I can help you set up an account and upload your books at the following distributor sites: Apple iBooks, Amazon, B&N, Nook, Kobo, Smashwords, and CreateSpace.
- Updating book details on distributor sites – (information provided by author) I can save you time by changing keywords, categories, book descriptions, pricing, entering dates and setting up KDP Select promotions on various distribution sites.
- Updating profile information on social media sites – I can help you by adding books and updating contact information and bio info on Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Media Kits – Need a media kit for a press release or bloggers? I can help create a one-page document (Word and PDF) for a single book, a series, or for you as an author.
- Series Bibles – So many characters in so many books – how do you ever keep up with who has blue eyes and who has brown eyes? Who is taller? Do they have powers or abilities? Who is he dating now? Did they get married in August or November? What city were they in when they caught the killer in book 2? Don’t stress over the small details – I can help you create a series bible that lets you keep up with all your character traits, settings, relationships and more! Contact me for a quote!
- Brainstorming and/or consultation – Sometimes you just need another person to bounce around ideas with, or maybe you are brand new to the industry and have lots of questions about the process or what to do next. I can help! We can schedule a Skype call, a chat on FB or Google, or even a phone call to work out the concerns plaguing your mind and keeping you from writing!
(*Unscheduled Skype or phone calls, if answered, will be charged at my hourly rate. However, most of the time, I will not answer if there has not been an appointment setup for the call.)
Sidekick Marketing Support
- Help set up InstaFreebie multi-author giveaways – want to run a giveaway on InstaFreebie to gain more subscribers to your mailing lists? I can help! Planning a giveaway take time, but I can help you create the graphics to share on social media, contact InstaFreebie, keep up with the participating authors and more!
- Set up giveaways/contests on Rafflecopter – Running a contest? Awesome! I can help by setting up a Rafflecopter, sort entries, select winners, and send off the digital prizes to the winners.
Is there a service or administrative task you need help with but don’t see listed? Have no fear, Sidekick Jenn is here… for you!
Contact me and let’s talk about it!
To request a quote, discuss services, or just leave a nice note, CONTACT ME HERE!